|2.09 EVALUATION OF ADMINISTRATORS
|Each administrator and supervisor shall be evaluated annually through a Board adopted written evaluation and in accordance with O.R.C. §3319.02.
Philosophy of Performance Evaluation
The Board of Education has a responsibility to create a favorable climate for all administrators in which to perform their duties and meet their responsibilities to the children and community. The school system uses its evaluation procedures to facilitate this goal.
The insight and growth of each administrator resulting from participation in the evaluation process, are more significant than the process itself. Evaluation should be continuous and should be a constructive, cooperative enterprise between the administrator and the evaluator.
The evaluative process is tailored to the individual's needs and minimizes the comparison of one person's performance with that of another. Each administrator has the opportunity to use initiative and leadership in defining specific goals and working cooperatively with his/her evaluator in accomplishing them.
Evaluation in the Franklin Local Schools is constructed to promote improved performance, professional growth, and professional integrity. Evaluation instruments shall be developed and/or utilized by the Superintendent as he/she determines to be appropriate in his/her professional judgment.
This evaluation procedure does not create an expectancy of continued employment. Nothing contained herein shall prevent the Board of Education from making the final determination regarding the renewal or nonrenewal of the contract of any administrator. However, if the Board fails to evaluate the administrator pursuant to paragraph C. of this policy, or fails to provide a meeting to the administrator at his/her request, pursuant to paragraph D. of this policy, the administrator shall automatically be reemployed for the period of one (1) year at the same salary plus any increments authorized by the Board, except that, if the administrator has been employed by the district for three (3) years or more, the period of reemployment shall be for two (2) years.
- The evaluation shall be conducted by the Superintendent or designee.
- The evaluation shall measure each administrator's effectiveness in performing the duties outlined in the job description.
- In order to provide time to show progress in correcting deficiencies identified in the evaluation process, the evaluation process shall be completed as follows:
- In any school year that the administrator's contract is not due to expire, at least one (1) evaluation shall be completed. A written copy of the evaluation shall be provided to the administrator no later than the end of his/her contract year as defined by the annual salary notice.
- In any school year that the administrator's contract is due to expire, at least a preliminary evaluation and at least a final evaluation shall be completed. A written copy of the preliminary evaluation shall be provided to the administrator at least sixty (60) days prior to any action by the Board of Education on the administrator’s contract. A written copy of the final evaluation, indicating the Superintendent's intended recommendation to the Board of Education regarding a contract for the administrator, shall be provided to the administrator at least five (5) days prior to the Board's action to renew or not renew the contract.
- Before taking action on the administrator's contract, the Board of Education will send written notice to the employee of the pending action and advise him/her of the date the contract expires and of his/her right to request a meeting in executive session at which the Board shall discuss its reasons for considering renewal or nonrenewal of the contract. The administrator shall be permitted to have a representative present at this meeting.
- The Superintendent’s recommendation shall be considered by the Board when acting on an administrator's contract.
- If the Board takes action to nonrenew the contract of an administrator, the administrator shall be provided with written notice of the Board's action on or before the last day of March of the year in which his/her contract expires.