|6.02 ENTRANCE AGE AND REQUIREMENTS
|Any pupil entering kindergarten must be five (5) years of age on or before August first of the year in which he/she is expected to enter. Beginning in the 2010-11 school year, the Board shall provide all-day kindergarten to each eligible student pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 3321.05 unless either of the following occurs:
The Board obtains a waiver from the Superintendent of Public Instruction; or
The student’s parent or guardian elects to enroll the student in half-day kindergarten.
Any pupil entering the first grade must be six (6) years of age on or before August first and must have successfully completed kindergarten. The requirement that a child successfully complete kindergarten may be waived by the Pupil Personnel Services Committee upon request of the parent. The Pupil Personnel Services Committee shall consist of the following individuals to the extent that they are employed by this Board or the Governing Board of the Muskingum Valley Educational Service Center:
The Board authorizes the Superintendent to annually appoint said committee.
- The director of pupil personnel services;
- An elementary school counselor;
- An elementary school principal;
- A school psychologist;
- A teacher assigned to teach first grade; and
- A gifted coordinator.
To enter kindergarten or first grade pupils:
The Superintendent shall also ensure that each child entering the District's kindergarten or first grade program for the first time has been properly screened for any medical or health problems as well as those related to hearing, vision, speech, and communications.
- Must have the necessary immunizations that are mandated by the Ohio State Board of Health and which are in effect at that time (O.R.C. §3313.671);
- Must present a birth certificate or other comparable certificate (O.R.C. §3313.672);
- Must present a certified copy of any child custody order or decree, or a certified copy of any order modifying a child custody order or decree that has been previously submitted to the school (O.R.C. §3313.672); and
- Must notify the building principal if the pupil is under the care of a shelter for victims of domestic violence (O.R.C. §3313.672).
Board Approved 11/19/2009